I hope your week is off to a fresh start! I’m kinda still in the relax mode myself after another weekend in Tahoe (<–Love that place!). No hiking this time, just lots of R&R. This trip to Tahoe was a lot of fun because we got to hang out with our younger cousins.
My two favorite memories from this weekend were actually ones that I didn’t get pictures of! Funny how that happens huh?!
On Saturday Andrey & I took four of our teenage cousins to IV Coffee Lab after the beach. They felt special because they were the only ones who got to go (at least I think they felt special), and I felt like the super cool older cousin.;) The barista offered to put almond milk in my iced coffee so I said yes, and all the rest of the girls also got almond milk. Turns out the almond milk was kinda gross, so we all had a good laugh about how our drinks were fails! The coffee was good, just the taste of this particular milk was kinda off. We played Scrabble at the coffee shop for over an hour and my lovely cousin Katie & I won! #proudmoment
My second favorite moment was on Saturday night when we all (everyone staying at the cabin) all got together and shared what we are thankful for. We were all kinda roaming around the cabin tired but not sleepy, and couldn’t decide on a movie. We tried to sing, but that wasn’t really working out, so I had the idea for us to all share what we are grateful for. The kiddos shared simple thoughts, while the adults were a little more deep. It was a great way to bring us all together and end the night on a positive note!
Other great moments (shared in photo above)
1. We were all drenched in sunblock yet managed to get sun burned.
2. Our friends brought these really cool reclining water chairs which were where I parked myself for the majority of the time at the beach. The water was amazing this time, and I could not get enough of it!
3. William and our cousins tried paddle boarding. It looked pretty cool, I hope to try it out next time we go. #toolazytounparkmybumoffthechair
4. Bubbles. Need I say more?
5. Boys being crazy & jumping off the HUGE rocks. I could barely get up on the rocks.I don’t know guys…I used to be more adventurous, but I don’t know if it’s getting older or what, but I definitely have become a bit of a chicken! #fearorcommonsense? (last week’s hike didn’t count, as I didn’t know what I was getting myself into;)
What’s one thing you love to do with your family during the summer?